News & Announcements - Categories
Categories - Add, Edit, & Delete
- Log in to the administration utility at http://<domain name>/Admin/login/.
- Click on News and Announcements.
- Click on Categories in the navigation menu.
To add a new category:
- Click New Category.
- Complete the displayed form with the following information.
- Name: The name of the category. (e.g., ANNOUNCEMENTS)
- Display as Title: Check this option to display the category name as the title in the server side include.
- Sort Order: The sort scheme used to display entries in the server side include and entry archive.
- Caption Length: The cutoff point for entry's captions displayed by the server side include in this category. Leave this blank or set to zero to use the default setting.
- Number Displayed: The number of entries displayed by the server side include in this category. Leave this blank or set to zero to use the default setting.
- Date Format: The format of the date (as displayed by the DATE marker) for entries in this category. Leave this blank to use the default setting.
- Page (URL): The URL of the page where entries in this category are to be displayed.
Leave blank to display this category on all pages.
- View As: Select news or calendar style. Calendar view will display entries grouped by date and allow site visitors to view by month. News view will display entries according to the Entries Archive Library.
- Click the Add button.
To edit an existing category:
- Click the title of the category you wish to edit.
- Make the changes to the displayed information as per step 2 above.
- Click the Update button.
To delete an existing category:
- Select the category wish to delete and click the Edit button.
- Click the Delete button.
- NOTE: When deleting a category, all announcements under that category will default back to the base category (default category name is GENERAL but can be edited).