InterKan.Net Account, Privacy, and Copyright Policies
Accounts & Billing
Our standard billing cycle for hosting, programming, and design services is the calendar month. All customers are billed on the 1st of the month for the previous month's service. Our bills and reminders are sent electronically via email.
Late Fees & Penalties
Payment is due net 10 unless otherwise specified on the invoice. Web hosting and other services will be assessed a 5% monthly late payment charge on any unpaid balance. Any account 30 days past due may be suspended at any time until the account is paid in full or other arrangements have been made for payment.
Bad Check / Insufficient Funds
Check or electronic check payments that are returned for non-sufficient funds, stop payment requests, incorrect account information, or a closed account will result in a $15.00 bad check fee.
Please send notice in writing to cancel your service (verifiable email is acceptable). Include full name, contact number, email, or domain name (web hosting), and the reason for your departure (optional).
When an account is canceled, all emails, files on the server, and all other host settings will be deleted and no backups will be kept for later retrieval. We will confirm the cancellation request once it has been processed.
Cancellation of services does not relieve the customer from paying any outstanding balance owed on the account. If outstanding balances are not paid within 10 days of canceling a service, we reserve the right to send the account to collections.
Special discount rates can apply to prepaid service including renewals. Cancellation requests must be received at least 15 days after the renewal date. Cancellations submitted later than this time may result in automatic renewal of your hosting plan. Once renewed, there are no refunds.
We accept check via US mail (preferred) but also accept the following online payments via Intuit/QuickBooks links included in our email invoices:
- For invoices under $85, you can pay online with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover).
- Payments over $85, you can pay online with ACH (direct deposit).
It is important to us that you be able to take advantage of the service you purchase. We provide telephone assistance 8-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We provide email responses as fast as possible and always within 24 hours (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
Grounds for Suspension and Termination
Per the service agreement, you have agreed to comply with all of IKN’s policies, as well as the applicable rules, regulations, and policies of any network, bulletin board, newsgroup, website or Internet Service Provider accessed through our service. Any violation of any of these policies or other rules, regulations or policies noted above or in our contract may serve as cause for InterKan.Net to suspend or terminate your account. InterKan.Net has the right, with or without notice, to suspend or terminate your account upon the first or subsequent occurrence of any of the following:
- Using the Service in a way which constitutes a violation of any applicable statute, law, court order, tariff, regulation, or treaty (including, but not limited to, intellectual property, communications, privacy, criminal, and international law);
- Using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to sending of unsolicited bulk email ("spamming"); the suspension or termination which will result from spamming is entirely separate from and in addition to any fees which will be placed on your account due to such activity;
- Using the Service in an attempt to break security, or so as to actually break the security of any computer network (including the Service itself), or to access an account of which you are not the owner or a communication on which you are not the sender or intended recipient;
- Using the Service in such a way as to forge headers/addresses in electronic mail or USENET postings, or using any other method to disguise the sender's identity;
- Excessively using the Service in such a way as to limit the bandwidth or access available to others, including, but not limited to, traffic of fifty (50) gigabytes or more per day for the Subscriber's web page or site, sending email traffic in excess of two hundred fifty (250) megabytes or 500 emails per day, using ping, email check, excessive IRC logging, or any automated programs with the sole intent of creating a continuous connection;
- Posting commercial messages to a USENET group where the posting is not approved by the specific USENET group in its charter, or mass postings to large numbers of USENET groups;
- Using hosting services to operate server programs, including but not limited to mail servers, IRC servers, FTP servers, or web servers;
- Using the Service to promote or solicit competing Internet services;
- Using the Service for unauthorized relays through any third party systems;
- Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet;
- Using the Service for mail-bombing, which is defined as the sending of mass amounts of email to one recipient, with the intent to render that recipient's account and/or the electronic system serving that account dysfunctional;
- Using the Service to engage in any form of Denial of Service attacks, which are defined as overburdening a recipient computer system by sending a high volume of spurious data which effectively impedes or totally disables functionality of the recipient system(s) or their connectivity, including but not limited to syn flood attacks and smurfing;
- Using the Service to add or attempt to add addresses to any mailing list without the explicit positive consent of the addressee(s);
- Using the Service to forward or post "chain letters" (multiple forwarding) of any type;
- Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with email or USENET posts other than your own;
- Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages;
- Furnishing false data on your sign-up form, contract, or online application, including providing fraudulent payment information.
No Trespassing Notice
The sites, services, and associated equipment of InterKan.Net are the sole property of InterKan.Net. Any use by non-subscribers or use by subscribers in violation of their Service Agreement and/or acceptable use policy of InterKan.Net is considered to be trespassing on InterKan.Net's property, and a person who engages in such activity will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, any person who intentionally and without authorization damages or destroys any of the equipment owned by InterKan.Net or accesses or causes to be accessed facilities owned by InterKan.Net will be prosecuted in accordance with Kansas' computer crime statute. No one may use InterKan.Net's sites, services, or equipment for transmitting emails in any way as to disguise their point of origin.
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of InterKan.Net, Inc. to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes.
InterKan.Net, Inc. may collect and use information about your computer (such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type) for system administration and reporting (including, where relevant, reporting aggregate information to third parties such as Google Adwords). This information that we collect is statistical data about your browsing history with relation to our sites but does not identify any individual. For the same reasons, we may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Some of the cookies we use are to enable essential parts of our sites to operate and have already been set. For example, InterKan.Net, Inc. uses essential cookies to secure your login when using webmail.
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our sites.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our sites – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
All media (downloaded or samples), software, text, images, graphics, user interfaces, music, videos, photographs, trademarks, logos, artwork, and other content on this website (collectively known as "Content"), including but not limited to the design, selection, arrangement, and coordination of such Content on this site, are owned or licensed by or to InterKan.Net, Inc., and are protected by copyright, trade dress, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights laws.
Copyright is the intangible property right granted by Federal statute for an original work fixed in a tangible form of expression. Copyright provides InterKan.Net, Inc. with the following exclusive rights in a work: to reproduce, to prepare derivative works, to distribute by sale or otherwise, to perform publicly, and to display publicly. Federal Law prohibits any unauthorized use of InterKan.Net, Inc. copyrights without the prior written consent of InterKan.Net, Inc.